- A finger painting of a clown, to remind me of where I began.
- A bachelor’s degree, to remind me of what it means to overcome.
- A chess set, to remind me why I love strategy.
- A Galileo thermometer, to remind me of my inspiration.
- A bottle of sparkling cider, to remind me to appreciate family while you can.
- A glass sailboat, to remind me that the best memories are timeless.
- A lanyard, to remind me that honesty and persuasion can work wonders.
- An iPod that says Non sum qualis eram, to remind me to accept change.
- A Necronomicon, to remind me why I love horror.
- A copy of The Dictionary of Imaginary Places, to remind me to keep dreaming.
- A puka shell necklace, to remind me of the spirit of Aloha.
- A cave painting charm, to remind me to keep exploring.
- An old walking stick, to remind me of the mountains I’ve climbed.
- A stamp from 10,000 ft. up, to remind me that the climb is just as important as the view.
- A miniature anchor, to remind me to keep taking chances.
- A miniature gilded elephant, to remind me to seek opportunities.
- A miniature Eiffel Tower, to remind me that some things are worth the wait.
- A cable car ticket stub, to remind me some things aren’t.
- A scorpion in plexiglass, to remind me of places to which I’ll never return.
- A wooden Mayan charm on a string, to remind me what heat and time truly feel like.
- A pewter Majora’s Mask, to remind me why video games are art after all.
- A set of pins, to remind me to share my passion for literature.
- A LEGO Hamlet, to remind me why I love being a geek.
- A Hello Kitty Chun-Li, to remind me that I should accept all aspects of myself.
- A pair of Buddhist prayer bead bracelets, to remind me to stay curious.
Hey, folks. Tonight I was informed that The Part Time Monster nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. I’d like to thank her for that; it’s really good to know that people are reading and enjoying my work. I don’t know if I have a sunny disposition, but if I can get you to smile and think, then I’ll know I’m doing something right. I couldn’t find the exact origin of the The Sunshine Blogger Award, so I’m just going to copy its rules from the aforementioned page:
1. Nominate 10 other blogs
2. Write 11 facts about yourself.
Aaaaand the nominees are….(In no particular order)
- Stefan Praetorius Naurin
- AngelArt Star
- The Ellieverse
- Living in the Moment
- Ed Mooney Photography
- Lula Avila
- Morrighan’s Muse
- Shikha It’s The Little Things
Wow, that was actually really hard. I’ve seen some many awesome blogs already this year thanks to the Zero To Hero challenge, so choosing just ten is just…ugh. Anyway, 11 facts…
- I’m currently the sixth highest-ranked Chun-Li on the Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition PSN worldwide leaderboards…I play that too much.
- I have habit of memorizing whole movies, including The Shining and 2001: A Space Odyessy. Same goes with song lyrics.
- I once won a game of chess in four moves.
- I love LEGOs, particularly the Architecture series.
- I’ve talked my way into an exclusive museum exhibition and a software convention by just being honest, polite, and asking questions.
- My long hair gets me mistaken for being female constantly, even when I don’t shave. I’m still learning to enjoy it.
- I’ve come close to dying four times.
- The States aside, I’ve been to a dozen countries: Canada, Mexico, The Bahamas, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, France, Spain, Morocco, Gibraltar, Thailand, and Aruba. Someplace in South America is likely next.
- My writing voice is much, much louder and upfront than my real one. IRL, I’m the quiet guy in the corner with a book.
- I hunger for super-spicy food.
- I’m at a crossroads at my life; my previous career is over, and I have no idea what direction to go in. I don’t have a dream, and sometimes that terrifies me.
Hey, folks. Tonight I was informed that Morrighan’s Muse nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award! I’d really like to thank her for that; I’m very grateful for my readers, and versatility is something I strive for both on and offline. I’m still pretty new at this whole blogging thing, but I’d like to think that I’m getting a little better every day. Thus, here are the award’s rules, taken verbatim from the official page:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Aaaand the nominees are….(in no particular order)
- The Travel Monster
- Outlook In Life
- Jonas Journeys
- Scribbles And Wanderlust
- DaVida Nature Photography
- Lens and Pens by Sally
- The Silver Leaf Journal
- The Syllabub Sea
- The Urge To Wander
- Photography Journal Blog
- Shannon’s Creative Work
- Cappy Writes
- Amy Flynn Designs
Wow, that was surprisingly difficult. As for the seven interesting things…
- I’ve been to a dozen countries, and there will be more next year. Yet I’ve never seen snow fall…
- I have waist-length curly hair that often gets me mistaken for a woman, even when I don’t shave. I stopped caring years ago; it makes me look good.
- My video game reviews have reached 1,684,823 hits as of the hour of this writing.
- I’m really shy and introverted in real life; my writer’s voice is much, much stronger than my physical, soft-spoken one. I’m also far more snarky in really life.
- I paid for my college education out of my own pocket.
- I once won a game of chess in four moves.
- I don’t have a dream, and sometimes that terrifies me.
Thanks again, folks. Have a good Monday!